Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's November people, which means I'm long over due for the newest post. First up, an update on the new blog/site. Design is coming along well, and I'm working on boosting the power of my old PC to use as the server for the site. Got a few friends helping me out with the code to hopefully make the new site absolutely awesome.

New music to check out:

Cee Lo - Bright Lights, Bigger City - It's a tight track, and yet another reason Cee Lo is an under appreciated monster of the music business.

We Are The In Crowd - for all my punk fans out there, had a chance to check these guys out at the Hey Monday/Cartel show this past week in Pittsburgh, and I've gotta say, they have what it takes to make it, they just gotta keep true to the music and the fans. Their stage presence was great, the crowd was going crazy, and I've been rockin their EP since I left the show

and while we're on the subject

Cartel and Hey Monday @ Alter Bar 2010 - The show was a blast, hands down! Three opening acts, some better than others, but Cartel made the room explode with energy! Playing some well known and well known tracks like "Say Anything (Else)" and "Burn This City," plus some newer tracks, The crowd ate it up. As their set came to an end, they gave a shout out to all their fans who saw their last show in the steel city with New Found Glory, they wrapped up their set with a dope cover of "My Friends Over You" which made me jump around like back in the day. Then Hey Monday came on to wrap up the night. Only knowing a few of their songs, I had a hell of a time, and of course they played "I Don't Wanna Dance" which had the whole crowd going crazy, and the lead singer showed her ability to keep the party going when she stopped the music, called out two d-bags trying to get into a fight in the middle of a great time, and told them to grow up and stop ruining everyone's night. Reminds me of a DJ buddy of mine who used to do the same thing back in the day (HAHAHA!)! I have to say that I was absolutely floored when they Pulled out a cover Jason DeRulo's "In My Head" which had the crowd jumping and waving hands all over the place! Very pleasant surprise! All in all, it was a great night, mad props to my buddy Sandy for letting me know about the show and letting me tag along.
4/5

Well, it's time to get back to the grind, little bit of redesign work and some long overdue mixtape work to get done today.

Until next time, I'll See you on South Side

-Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment